Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Deadwood in Lawrence County, South Dakota — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
 

Deadwood Changing -- 1884 1902 and Now

 
 
Deadwood Changing -- 1884 1902 and Now Marker image. Click for full size.
By William J. Toman, August 7, 2010
1. Deadwood Changing -- 1884 1902 and Now Marker
Inscription. Note the sites of the county courthouse, the federal building, the depot, the slime plant, and the school. The buildings on Main Street also changed character. Whitewood Creek was partly channelized in 1884, and is covered by a highway today.
 
Location. 44° 22.523′ N, 103° 43.903′ W. Marker is in Deadwood, South Dakota, in Lawrence County. Marker is at the intersection of Upper Main Street and Pine Street on Upper Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Deadwood SD 57732, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Serving the Black Hills (within shouting distance of this marker); Bonanza in the Hills (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Generations of Change (about 300 feet away); Ride High, T.C., Ride High (about 400 feet away); Waite Block Annex (about 400 feet away); Riches from Mud (about 400 feet away); Gold in the Gulch (about 500 feet away); Gold Discovery in the Great Sioux Reservation (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Deadwood.
 
Categories. Notable Places
 
Deadwood Changing -- 1884 1902 and Now Marker image. Click for full size.
By William J. Toman, August 7, 2010
2. Deadwood Changing -- 1884 1902 and Now Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 6, 2010, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 630 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on October 6, 2010, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement