Near Elkhart in Anderson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Pilgrim Predestinarian Regular Baptist Church
by Daniel Parker
Members moved to Texas
First meeting in
Stephen F. Austin's Colony
January 20, 1834
Log church built December, 1839
Old graveyard adjoins.
Present church fourth
on the same site
Continuous worship since 1834
Daniel Parker, Pastor 1833 - 1844
Erected 1936 by Texas Highway Department. (Marker Number 8799.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 31° 37.204′ N, 95° 35.265′ W. Marker is near Elkhart, Texas, in Anderson County. Marker is at the intersection of State Highway 294 and Farm to Market Road 319, on the right when traveling east on State Highway 294. Touch for map. Half mile west of Elkhart. Marker is in this post office area: Elkhart TX 75839, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 2 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. John H. Reagan (approx. 9.8 miles away); Palestine Salt Works C.S.A. (approx. 10.2 miles away).
Also see . . . Pilgrim Predestinarian Regular Baptist Church. "The Handbook of (Submitted on October 20, 2010.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 13, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. This page has been viewed 5,672 times since then and 77 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 13, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Photo of current church building. • Photo of adjoining cemetery. • Can you help?