Glen Rock in Bergen County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
by Hendrick H. Hopper
in area then called
Center section erected by
son John, in early 1800’s.
The farmhouse was sold
to the Hillmann family
in 1895, ending
four generations and
115 years of continuous
Erected by Bergen County Historical Society. (Marker Number 14.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the New Jersey, Bergen County Historical Society marker series.
Location. 40° 57.537′ N, 74° 6.796′ W. Marker is in Glen Rock, New Jersey, in Bergen County. Marker is at the intersection of Hillman Avenue and Ackerman Avenue, on the right when traveling south on Hillman Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 724 Ackerman Avenue, Glen Rock NJ 07452, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Hopper Family Burying Ground (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Red Brick Schoolhouse (approx. 0.3 miles away); Hopper House (approx. half a mile away); Glen Rock Honored Heroes (approx. 0.8 Van Dien House (approx. 0.8 miles away); Radburn (approx. 0.9 miles away); Rutan-Terhune-Bidwell House (approx. one mile away); Stephen T. Zabriskie House (approx. 1.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Glen Rock.
Also see . . . Bergen County Historical Society. (Submitted on October 16, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 16, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 841 times since then and 54 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on October 16, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.