Concord in Jefferson County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Wm. R. Look Log Cabin
The Wm. R. Look Log Cabin purchase and restoration was funded by the dedicated members of the Concord Historical Society, Inc.
It was donated and dedicated to the Town of Concord on August 10, 2003.
Concord Town History
The history of the Town of Concord, Jefferson County, Wisconsin dates back to February 12, 1841, when townships seven and eight north, of range 16 separated from the Watertown civil township to form the Town of Union. On January 21, 1846, Union township divided into two separate towns, Concord and Ixonia. Concord was established by Yankee settlers and immigrants from Eastern Europe. In the 1840's the Town of Concord was a central stopping point between Milwaukee and Madison on the Wisconsin Stage Lines route along the "Old Territorial Road" -- the road that is directly behind you.
Concord Township was also home to the family of the well known author Laura Ingalls Wilder. Laura's grandmother
Location. 43° 4.1′ N, 88° 35.694′ W. Marker is in Concord, Wisconsin, in Jefferson County. Marker is on Concord Center Drive (County Highway B) 0.1 miles west of Grey Fox Trail, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Sullivan WI 53178, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Highway Marking (approx. 5 miles away); Oconomowoc (approx. 5.7 miles away); Oconomowoc Masonic Center (approx. 5.8 miles away); The Inn at Pine Terrace (approx. 6.2 miles away); Zion Church (approx. 7.2 miles away); Masonic Home (approx. 7.2 miles away); Dousman (approx. 7.3 miles away); Historic Okauchee (approx. 8.4 miles away).
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 17, 2010, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 689 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on October 17, 2010, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin. 2. submitted on October 18, 2010, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin. 3. submitted on October 17, 2010, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.