Windsor in Essex County, Ontario — Central Canada
The Battle of Windsor - 1838
Erected by Archaeological and Historic Site Board of Ontario.
Location. 42° 19.096′ N, 83° 2.547′ W. Marker is in Windsor, Ontario, in Essex County. Marker is on 254 Pitt Street West 0.2 kilometers east of Dougall Avenue, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. This historical marker is located in front of the Windsor Community Museum. Marker is in this post office area: Windsor, Ontario N9A 5L5, Canada.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Francois Baby House (a few steps from this marker); The Detroit River French Settlement on the South Shore (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); The Rt. Hon. Herb Gray, PC., C.C., Q.C. (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Original Home of Major F.A. Tilston V.C. Armoury (approx. 0.4 kilometers away); The Great Western Railway (approx. 0.4 kilometers away); The Underground Railroad in Canada (approx. half a kilometer away); Detroit River Heritage (approx. 0.9 kilometers away in the U.S.). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Windsor.
Also see . . .
1. Battle of Windsor. This is a link to information provided by Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. (Submitted on October 22, 2010, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.)
2. The Battle of Windsor, 1838 Historical Marker. This is a link to information provided by a web site dedicated to the history of the Detroit area. (Submitted on October 22, 2010, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.)
Categories. • Notable Events •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 16, 2017. This page originally submitted on October 22, 2010, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 1,060 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 22, 2010, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.