Thomaston in Upson County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 145-3.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 53.031′ N, 84° 19.453′ W. Marker is in Thomaston, Georgia, in Upson County. Marker is on South Bethel Street 0 miles north of Mallory Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. The marker stands in the eastern part of Glenwood Cemetery, accessible from South Bethel Street. Marker is in this post office area: Thomaston GA 30286, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 15 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Upson County (approx. 0.3 miles away); Pettigrew-White-Stamps House (approx. 0.4 miles Trice Cemetery (approx. 3.1 miles away); Unknown Confederate Dead (approx. 6.9 miles away); Double Bridges (approx. 10.2 miles away); Old Newnan (approx. 11.5 miles away); Gachet Home (approx. 14 miles away); Lamar Electric Membership Corporation (approx. 14.5 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Thomaston.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 1, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 634 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 1, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.