Selma in Dallas County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Presented to Sturdivant Museum Association April 1, 1961 by the Southern Railway Company which as the Selma, Rome and Dalton Railroad Company purchased the anvil among scrap disposed of at the arsenal, in 1866. The anvil was in use in the railroad blacksmith shop until 1936.
Location. 32° 24.509′ N, 87° 0.835′ W. Marker is in Selma, Alabama, in Dallas County. Marker is at the intersection of Sylvan Street and Water Avenue, on the right when traveling north on Sylvan Street. Touch for map. Marker Located in front of the Old Depot Museum. Marker is in this post office area: Selma AL 36703, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Selma Navy Yard and Ordnance Works (within shouting distance of this marker); In Honor of James Joseph Reeb (within shouting distance of this marker); St. James Hotel (approx. ¼ mile away); Site of Selma-Dallas County’s 1st Bridge 1884-1940 (approx. ¼ mile away); Water Avenue (approx. ¼ mile away); This Tablet Commemorates the Visit of Lafayette Sgt Robert Weakley Patton (approx. 0.3 miles away); George Washington Carver Homes Projects (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Selma.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Railroads & Streetcars • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 7, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. This page has been viewed 958 times since then and 54 times this year. Last updated on November 7, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 7, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.