Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
El Paso in El Paso County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

The Woman's Club of El Paso

 
 
The Woman's Club of El Paso Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, November 3, 2010
1. The Woman's Club of El Paso Marker
Inscription. The Study Circle of 1889 became the Current Topics Club when formally organized in May of 1894 in the home of Mrs. W. W. Mills, 310 San Francisco Street. In the fall of this year the club began meeting in the library room of Miss Mary I. Stanton in the Sheldon Block, now the site of the Hilton Hotel. Mrs. Mills was the first president. In 1899 the name was changed to the Woman's Club of El Paso.
 
Erected 1963 by The State National Bank of El Paso.
 
Location. 31° 45.517′ N, 106° 29.33′ W. Marker is in El Paso, Texas, in El Paso County. Marker is on South El Paso Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is mounted on the northwest corner of the Plaza Hotel. Marker is at or near this postal address: 106 East Mills Street, El Paso TX 79901, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. LULAC (here, next to this marker); El Paso's First Newspaper (a few steps from this marker); The First Kindergarten in Texas (a few steps from this marker); Fray García de San Francisco (a few steps from this marker); Pioneer Plaza (a few steps from
The Woman's Club of El Paso Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, November 3, 2010
2. The Woman's Club of El Paso Marker
Marker is at far left in photo.
this marker); El Paso (a few steps from this marker); Site of United States Courthouse (within shouting distance of this marker); Historic Sidewalk Clock (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line). Touch for a list and map of all markers in El Paso.
 
Categories. Fraternal or Sororal OrganizationsWomen
 
Pioneer Plaza image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, November 3, 2010
3. Pioneer Plaza
Marker is at the far left on the front of the building.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 11, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 522 times since then and 58 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on November 11, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement