Stroudsburg in Monroe County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1947 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission. (Marker Number 396C.)
Location. 40° 59.424′ N, 75° 11.249′ W. Marker is in Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, in Monroe County. Marker is on Main Street (U.S. 209), on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Just past cemetery, outside the walls. Marker is at or near this postal address: 315 Main Street, Stroudsburg PA 18360, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Col. Jacob Stroud (within shouting distance of this marker); Colonel Jacob Stroud (within shouting distance of this marker); McMichaels Creek (approx. 0.4 miles away); Fort Penn (approx. 0.4 miles away); A. Mitchell Palmer (approx. 0.4 miles away); Monroe County (approx. half a mile away); Jacob Stroud (approx. half a mile away); Fort Hamilton (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Stroudsburg.
Also see . . . Dansbury Mission - Behind the Marker. ExplorePAHistory.com (Submitted on July 13, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion • War, French and Indian •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 12, 2005. This page has been viewed 2,151 times since then and 2 times this year. Last updated on November 14, 2010. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 12, 2005. 3. submitted on December 22, 2005.