Tazewell in Marion County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Old Courthouse – 1848
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 098-4.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 22.83′ N, 84° 26.45′ W. Marker is in Tazewell, Georgia, in Marion County. Marker is at the intersection of Dr. Deryl Hart Road (Georgia Route 137) and Ronnie Road (Georgia Route 240), on the left when traveling east on Dr. Deryl Hart Road. Touch for map. The marker stand in front of the old courthouse, which is now the Post Office for Tazewell, and continues to serve as the Marion Masonic Lodge. Marker is in this post office area: Buena Vista GA 31803, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least New Courthouse - 1850 (approx. 6.2 miles away); William Bartram Trail (approx. 8.9 miles away); Fort Perry (approx. 9.1 miles away); Old Federal Road (approx. 9.1 miles away); Schley County (approx. 12½ miles away); Pond Town (approx. 12.8 miles away); Taylor County (approx. 17 miles away).
Categories. • Government •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 18, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 543 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on November 18, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.