Thomaston in Upson County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 145-1.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 53.233′ N, 84° 19.6′ W. Marker is in Thomaston, Georgia, in Upson County. Marker is on West Gordon Street (Georgia Route 36) 0 miles east of North Church Street, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. The marker stands in front of the Upson County Courthouse. Marker is in this post office area: Thomaston GA 30286, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies First Cannon Ball (within shouting distance of this marker); Upson Confederate Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); General John B. Gordon (within shouting distance of this marker); Confederate Dead (approx. ¼ mile away); Pettigrew-White-Stamps House (approx. 0.6 miles away); Trice Cemetery (approx. 3.2 miles away); Unknown Confederate Dead (approx. 6.8 miles away); First Post Office (approx. 7.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Thomaston.
Also see . . . Upson County. A Wikipedia page. (Submitted on November 22, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia.)
Categories. • Government •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 20, 2018. This page originally submitted on November 20, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 512 times since then and 38 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on November 20, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 5. submitted on July 18, 2018, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.