Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Silver City in Grant County, New Mexico — The American Mountains (Southwest)
 

Municipal Museum

Town of Silver City

 

—New Mexico —

 
Municipal Museum Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, November 6, 2010
1. Municipal Museum Marker
Inscription.
Silver City Centennial
1970
Municipal Museum Town of Silver City
New Mexico
Built in 1881 as a private home for Harry B. Ailman Acquired by the town of Silver City in 1926 and dedicated as a historical museum by the town of Silver City in July 1967
 
Erected 1970 by the Town of Silver City 1970 Centennial Committee.
 
Location. 32° 46.2′ N, 108° 16.717′ W. Marker is in Silver City, New Mexico, in Grant County. Marker is at the intersection of West Broadway Street and Pinos Altos Street, on the right when traveling west on West Broadway Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 312 West Broadway Street, Silver City NM 88061, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. O.B. McClintock Bank Clock (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Silver City (approx. 0.8 miles away); GFWC Silver City Women's Club (approx. one mile away); Pinos Altos (approx. 7 miles away); Fort Bayard (approx. 7.3 miles away); Fort Bayard - 1866-1900 (approx. 7.4 miles away); Santa Rita Copper Mines (approx. 7.5 miles away); Bayard (approx. 7.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Silver City.
 
Municipal Museum Marker (on left) image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, November 6, 2010
2. Municipal Museum Marker (on left)
Municipal Museum image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, November 6, 2010
3. Municipal Museum
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 22, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 454 times since then and 64 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on November 22, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement