Trenton in Mercer County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
British Light Dragoons
was occupied by the
Erected 1902 by Joseph Wood School.
Location. 40° 13.278′ N, 74° 45.739′ W. Marker is in Trenton, New Jersey, in Mercer County. Marker is on East Hanover Street 0 miles west of North Montgomery Street, on the right. Touch for map. Marker is near the entrance of the Friends Meeting House. Marker is in this post office area: Trenton NJ 08608, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Friends Meeting House (here, next to this marker); George Clymer (here, next to this marker); Mahlon Stacy (here, next to this marker); Town Hall and Jail (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); The First Presbyterian Church (about 400 feet away); First Presbyterian Churchyard (about 400 feet away); Rev. John Rosbrugh (about 400 feet away); Trenton YMCA (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Trenton.
Regarding British Light Dragoons. During the British occupation of Trenton in December, 1776, the Meeting House was occupied by dragoons whose long, curved swords scarred the floors and
Categories. • Military • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 29, 2007, by Gary Nigh of Trenton, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 1,020 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 29, 2007, by Gary Nigh of Trenton, New Jersey. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.