Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Green Hill in Wicomico County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Old Green Hill Church

 
 
Old Green Hill Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By F. Robby, November 3, 2007
1. Old Green Hill Church Marker
Inscription. Now St. Bartholomew's Episcopal Church. Parish church of Stepney Parish, which was laid out in 1692. This building erected in 1733 replacing the first building, a log church erected about 1694, which stood about 150 yards north of the present site.
 
Erected by Maryland Historical Society.
 
Location. 38° 18.336′ N, 75° 45.863′ W. Marker is in Green Hill, Maryland, in Wicomico County. Marker can be reached from Green Hill Church Road one mile east of Whitehaven Road (Maryland Route 352), on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker cannot be seen from the road. Green Hill Church Road makes a sharp bend to the right as it approaches the Wicomico River. Marker and church are about a 300 feet walk from the bend in the road. Marker is in this post office area: Quantico MD 21856, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Whitehaven (approx. 2.8 miles away); Friendship United Methodist Church and Allen African American School (approx. 4 miles away); Asbury United Methodist Church (approx. 4.1 miles away); Col. George Gale (approx. 6.1 miles away);
Old Green Hill Church image. Click for full size.
By F. Robby, November 3, 2007
2. Old Green Hill Church
East side of church, facing the Wicomico River.
A Water Connection (approx. 7 miles away); Wicomico Wetlands (approx. 7 miles away); An Apple a Day (approx. 7 miles away); The Original Residents (approx. 7.1 miles away).
 
Categories. Churches, Etc.Colonial Era
 
Old Green Hill Church image. Click for full size.
By F. Robby, November 3, 2007
3. Old Green Hill Church
West side of church.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 29, 2007, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,999 times since then and 61 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on November 29, 2007, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland.
Paid Advertisement