Shiloh in Hardin County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
Camp of 1st Battalion, 4th Illinois Cavalry
—Army of the Tennessee —
4th Illinois Cavalry,
McClernand's (1st) Division,
Army of the Tennessee.
April 6, 1862.
Erected by Shiloh National Military Park Commission. (Marker Number A17.)
Location. 35° 8.795′ N, 88° 20.379′ W. Marker is in Shiloh, Tennessee, in Hardin County. Marker is on Cavalry Road 0.4 miles west of Hamburg-Savannah Road, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. 100 yards north of Cavalry Road, on east side of Cavalry Field, in Shiloh National Military Park. Marker is in this post office area: Shiloh TN 38376, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. 46th Illinois Infantry (a few steps from this marker); Wharton's Texas Rangers (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); McAllister's Battery (about 600 feet away); 13th Iowa Infantry (about 600 feet away); 18th Lousiana - Orleans Guard - 16th Louisiana (about 700 feet away); 52nd Illinois Infantry (about 800 feet away); 15th Illinois Infantry (about 800 feet away); Camp of 15th Illinois Infantry (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Shiloh.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 28, 2010, by Allen Gathman of Pocahontas, Missouri. This page has been viewed 288 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 28, 2010, by Allen Gathman of Pocahontas, Missouri. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.