near Glennville in Tattnall County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Beards Creek Church
Organizing members were: John Dees, John Taylor, William Willcox, Samuel Thornton, Levi Morgan, Robert Bruer, James Thomas, Ezeceal Thornton, John Overstreet, Seth Knight, Nathan Smart and John Purcell. The church was constituted near the site of the present edifice.
On November 26, 1896, Beards Creek Church, with seven others, became an organizing member of the Bethel Primitive Baptist Association.
During the years since it was constituted, many of the Baptist churches in the surrounding area have originated from the Beards Creek Church.
Erected 1957 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 132-3.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 31° 58.888′ N, 81° 52.091′ W. Marker is in near Glennville, Georgia, in Tattnall County. Marker is at the Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Glennville GA 30427, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 13 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Love's Chapel Primative Baptist Church (approx. 4.9 miles away); Gum Branch Baptist Church (approx. 11.9 miles away); Daisy United Methodist Church (approx. 11.9 miles away); Old Sunbury Road (approx. 12½ miles away); Old Shiloh Cemetery (approx. 12½ miles away); Evans County (approx. 12.7 miles away); Dedicated to All Who Served (approx. 12.7 miles away); Claxton First United Methodist Church (approx. 12.7 miles away).
Also see . . . Wikipedia entry for Beards Creek Primitive Baptist Church. (Submitted on December 4, 2010, by Johnny Kicklighter of Belleville, Usa.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 2, 2010, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,062 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on December 3, 2010, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. 6. submitted on September 20, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia.