Jeffersonville in Twiggs County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 143-8.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 41.233′ N, 83° 20.733′ W. Marker is in Jeffersonville, Georgia, in Twiggs County. Marker is on North Railroad Avenue 0 miles east of Magnolia Street (Georgia Route 96), on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. The marker stands on the south lawn of the Twiggs County Courthouse. Marker is in this post office area: Jeffersonville GA 31044, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Ezekiel Wimberley (here, next Richland Baptist Church (approx. 5.1 miles away); Geographic Center of Georgia (approx. 5.6 miles away); Marion (approx. 5.6 miles away); Myricks Mill (approx. 7.6 miles away); Dudley M. Hughes (approx. 8.4 miles away); Intersection of Carolina West Florida, and Savannah Lower Creek Indian Trails (approx. 9.6 miles away); Arthur Fort, 1750-1833 (approx. 9.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jeffersonville.
Regarding Twiggs County. The New Georgia Encyclopedia entry for Twiggs County is here:
Categories. • Government •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 5, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 525 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on December 5, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.