Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Princess Anne in Somerset County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

St. Andrew's Episcopal Church

Somerset Parish

 
 
St. Andrew's Episcopal Church Somerset Parish Marker image. Click for full size.
By William Pfingsten, November 23, 2007
1. St. Andrew's Episcopal Church Somerset Parish Marker
Inscription. Parish established in 1692. St. Andrew's, a chapel-of-ease to All Saints' Church, Monie, was built in 1770 and consecrated in 1845. Tower erected 1859; spire and chapel 1893; wall and lich gate 1964.
 
Erected by Maryland Historical Society.
 
Location. 38° 12.164′ N, 75° 41.68′ W. Marker is in Princess Anne, Maryland, in Somerset County. Marker is on South Beckford Ave. 0.1 miles north of Washington Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Princess Anne MD 21853, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Historic Boxwood Gardens (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Teackle Mansion (about 600 feet away); Somerset County Circuit Courthouse (about 600 feet away); Princess Anne Town (approx. mile away); Manokin Presbyterian Church (approx. 0.3 miles away); Cultural Treasures (approx. 0.6 miles away); Princess Anne Treasures (approx. 0.6 miles away); Birthplace of Samuel Chase (approx. 0.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Princess Anne.
 
Also see . . .  St. Andrew's website. (Submitted on November 30, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.)
 
Categories. Cemeteries & Burial SitesChurches, Etc.Colonial EraNotable Buildings
 
St. Andrew's Cemetery image. Click for full size.
By William Pfingsten, November 23, 2007
2. St. Andrew's Cemetery
St. Andrew's Episcopal Church image. Click for full size.
By William Pfingsten, November 23, 2007
3. St. Andrew's Episcopal Church
St. Andrew's has a set of 6 change ringing bells. The only set in the State of Maryland.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 30, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,234 times since then and 64 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on November 30, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.
Paid Advertisement