Cusseta in Chattahoochee County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1957 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 026-4.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 18.378′ N, 84° 46.596′ W. Marker is in Cusseta, Georgia, in Chattahoochee County. Marker is on Broad Street (Georgia Route 520) 0 miles east of Lafayette Road, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. The marker is located in front of the Chattahoochee County Courthouse. Marker is at or near this postal address: 377 Broad Street, Cusseta GA 31805, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Kasihta (Cusseta) (a Confederate Veterans (a few steps from this marker); VFW Post 5000 (within shouting distance of this marker); Chattahoochee County Jail (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Cusseta School (approx. ¼ mile away); Battle of Hitchity (was approx. 2.6 miles away but has been reported missing. ); Louvale Church Row (approx. 9.4 miles away); Antioch Institute (approx. 9.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cusseta.
Regarding Chattahoochee County. A new courthouse was built in 1979. The original 1854 courthouse was moved to Westville, the reconstructed 1850s town in nearby Stewart County, where it was restored by the State Bar of Georgia.
Categories. • Political Subdivisions • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 9, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 571 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 9, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.