Shiloh in Hardin County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
Illinois Cavalry Camp
Stewart's and Carmichael's Companies -- McClernand's Division
—Army of the Tennessee —
(Stewart's & Carmichael's Cos.)
McClernand's (1st) Division,
Army of the Tennessee.
April 6, 1862.
Erected by Shiloh National Military Park Commission. (Marker Number A18.)
Location. 35° 8.336′ N, 88° 20.832′ W. Marker is in Shiloh, Tennessee, in Hardin County. Marker can be reached from Corinth-Pittsburg Landing Road Extension 0.1 miles north of Corinth Road, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. On trail 100 yards east of McClernand's Division Monument, in Shiloh National Military Park. Marker is in this post office area: Shiloh TN 38376, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. First Division, Army of the Tennessee (within shouting distance of this marker); McClernand's Headquarters (within shouting distance of this marker); Bankhead's Tennessee Battery (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); 14th Illinois Infantry (about 300 feet away); 12th Tennessee Infantry (about 300 feet away); 25th Indiana Infantry Regiment 4th Tennessee Infantry (about 400 feet away); Rousseau's Brigade (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Shiloh.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 9, 2010, by Allen Gathman of Pocahontas, Missouri. This page has been viewed 281 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 9, 2010, by Allen Gathman of Pocahontas, Missouri. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.