Salem, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
General Andrew Lewis of Salem
(1720 - 1781)
Sculptor Anne Bell
Architect Byron R. Dickson
Conceived and Developed by:
Dr. Richard H. and Anne Katherine Fisher
Commissioned by Salem Educational Foundation and Alumni Association
Last Brigade of General Andrew Lewis
Erected 2000 by Salem Educational Foundation and Alumni Association.
Location. 37° 17.087′ N, 80° 2.409′ W. Marker is in Salem, Virginia. Marker is on Taliaferro Way, in the median. Touch for map. Marker is located in front of tthe Salem Civic Center and James E. Taliaferro Sports & Entertainment Complex. Marker is in this post office area: Salem VA 24153, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. General Andrew Lewis (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Lynchburg and Salem Turnpike General Andrew Lewis (approx. 0.7 miles away); To honor our Confederate Soldiers (approx. 0.8 miles away); World War 1917 - 1919 Memorial (approx. 0.8 miles away); Sgt. James Walton (approx. 0.8 miles away); Andrew Lewis Grave (approx. 0.8 miles away); East Hill Cemetery North (approx. 0.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Salem.
Also see . . . Other markers about General Andrew Lewis of Salem, VA. (Submitted on December 1, 2007, by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Heroes • Military • Notable Events • Notable Persons • Patriots & Patriotism • War, US Revolutionary • Wars, US Indian •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 1, 2007, by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,520 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on December 1, 2007, by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia.