Intersection of Carolina West Florida, and Savannah Lower Creek Indian Trails
Early white settlement and haven for refugee families in 1812 Indian alarms.
Erected 1934 by Georgia Society and John Ball Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Location. 32° 35.433′ N, 83° 13.65′ W. Marker is in Allentown, Georgia, in Wilkinson County. Marker is at the intersection of U.S. 80 and Balls Ferry Road (Georgia Route 112), on the left when traveling east on U.S. 80. Touch for map. The marker stands on the grounds of the Allentown United Methodist Church. Marker is in this post office area: Allentown GA 31003, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 13 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Dudley M. Hughes (approx. 1.2 miles away); Ezekiel Wimberley (approx. 9.6 miles away); Twiggs County (approx. 9.6 miles away); The Oconee Electric Membership Corporation (approx. 9.6 miles away); Richland Baptist Church (approx. 10½ miles away); Vallombrosa Plantation of Governor George Michael Troup (approx. 10.7 miles away); Longstreet Methodist Church (approx. 11.3 miles away); Evergreen Baptist Church (approx. 13.1 miles away).
Categories. • Native Americans • Roads & Vehicles • Settlements & Settlers • Wars, US Indian •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 18, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 680 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on December 18, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.