Near Wernersville in Berks County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Revolutionary War Soldiers in Hain's Church Cemetery
This tablet is in commemoration of the services of Revolutionary War soldiers buried in Hain's Church (St. John's Reformed) Cemetery at Wernersville, Pa. This tablet is dedicated in grateful recognition of their patriotism and valor.
[Honor Roll of Names]
Erected 1931 by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the Berks County Chapter, D.A.R.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 40° 20.354′ N, 76° 4.312′ W. Marker is near Wernersville, Pennsylvania, in Berks County. Touch for map. Marker is on the west wall of St. John's (Hain's) United Church of Christ. Marker is at or near this postal address: 591 North Church Road, Wernersville PA 19565, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Wilhelm and Elizabeth Hain Fischer (a few steps from this marker); George Hain (within shouting distance of this marker); Lerch Tavern (approx. 0.9 miles away); Robesonia Furnace (approx. 3.1 miles away); Union Canal (approx. 4.7 miles away); Joseph Hiester Is this Weiser's House? (approx. 5.4 miles away); Home of Conrad Weiser, 1729-1760 (approx. 5.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Wernersville.
Also see . . . St. John's (Hain's) United Church of Christ. (Submitted on December 26, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations • Patriots & Patriotism • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 26, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 1,024 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on December 26, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. 8. submitted on December 27, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.