Green Bay in Brown County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
First Catholic Church In Green Bay
Near this site stood the first Catholic church in Green Bay begun in the year of our Lord 1823 by Father Gabriel Richard Vicar Apostolic of the Northwest and finished by Father Stephen Badin first resident pastor and missionary.
A short distance north of this was located the first Catholic cemetery, used for nearly a century. It was abandoned in 1835.
Erected by the Marquette Club of Green Bay 1924
Location. 44° 30.5′ N, 88° 1.133′ W. Marker is in Green Bay, Wisconsin, in Brown County. Marker is at the intersection of Washington Street and Adams Street on Washington Street. Touch for map.
Located near Fire Station No. 1 on the corner of Washington and Adams Streets. Marker is in this post office area: Green Bay WI 54301, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. La Baye Burial Place (here, next to this marker); Bank Of Wisconsin (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Elks Club (approx. 0.2 miles away); Milwaukee Road Passenger Depot (approx. 0.2 miles away); Milwaukee Road Depot (approx. 0.2 miles Packers Office Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); Vice Admiral James H. Flatley Jr. (approx. 0.2 miles away); Freimann Hotel Building (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Green Bay.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion • Landmarks •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 1, 2011, by Bob (peach) Weber of Prescott Valley, Arizona. This page has been viewed 841 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 1, 2011, by Bob (peach) Weber of Prescott Valley, Arizona. 4. submitted on June 6, 2011, by Bob (peach) Weber of Prescott Valley, Arizona. 5. submitted on January 1, 2011, by Bob (peach) Weber of Prescott Valley, Arizona. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.