Frederica in Kent County, Delaware — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 2005 by Delaware Public Archives. (Marker Number KC-93.)
Location. 39° 1.483′ N, 75° 27.558′ W. Marker is in Frederica, Delaware, in Kent County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Delaware Route 1 and Barratt's Chapel Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Frederica DE 19946, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. A different marker also named Barratt's Chapel (within shouting distance of this marker); Warner Mifflin (approx. 3.7 miles away); Murderkill/Motherkiln Friends Meeting (approx. 3.7 miles away); Town of Bowers (approx. 3.8 miles away); Geographic Center of Delaware (approx. 4.8 miles away); The St. Jones River: Why the Mansion Faces South (approx. 5.3 miles away); St. Jones Neck (approx. 5.4 miles away); North Murderkill Hundred (approx. 5.5 miles away).
Also see . . .
1. Barratt's Chapel website. (Submitted on January 9, 2011, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.)
2. Barratt's Chapel & Museum - Heritage Landmark of the United Methodist Church. (Submitted on January 9, 2011, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.)
1. National Register of Historic Places:
Barratt's Chapel (added 1972 - - #72000281)
N of Frederica on U.S. 113 , Frederica
• Historic Significance: Event, Architecture/Engineering
• Architect, builder, or engineer: Unknown
• Architectural Style: No Style Listed
• Area of Significance: Architecture, Religion
• Period of Significance: 1750-1799
• Owner: Private
• Historic Function: Religion
— Submitted October 25, 2012.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Notable Events •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 9, 2011, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 502 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on January 9, 2011, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. 2. submitted on October 25, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. 3, 4. submitted on January 9, 2011, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. 5, 6, 7. submitted on October 25, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.