Batavia in Genesee County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The Batavia Club
First Bank West of Genesee River
Built in 1831
Architect builder Hezekiah Eldredge
National Register of Historic Places
Location. 42° 59.859′ N, 78° 10.9′ W. Marker is in Batavia, New York, in Genesee County. Marker is on East Main Street (New York State Route 5/33) near Bank Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. The building is at the intersection of East Main and Bank Streets. The marker faces East Main Street. Marker is at or near this postal address: 214 East Main Street, Batavia NY 14020, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Cary House Site (within shouting distance of this marker); Genesee County (approx. ¼ mile away); Genesee County Courthouse (approx. ¼ mile away); In Memory of the Soldiers Sailors and Marines of Genesee County (approx. 0.3 miles away); Paolo Busti Monument (approx. half a mile away); Batavia (approx. half a mile away); Capt. Charles F. Rand (approx. half a mile away); Centennial Park (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Batavia.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 10, 2011, by Patrick Weissend of Corfu, New Yok. This page has been viewed 313 times since then. Photo 1. submitted on January 10, 2011, by Patrick Weissend of Corfu, New Yok. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Wide area view of the marker and its surroundings. • Picture of the building. • Can you help?