Tangier in Accomack County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
The Doctor's House
Dr. Gladstone's former office still faces the back yard of the Doctor's House behind the Susan Crockett House, whose owner ran a millenary shop in the rounded room at the front of the house.
Erected by Tangier History Museum & Interpretive Cultural Center.
Location. 37° 49.5′ N, 75° 59.506′ W. Marker is in Tangier, Virginia, in Accomack County. Marker is on Main Ridge Road just south of Hilda Crockett Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 16251 Main Ridge Road, Tangier VA 23440, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Chesapeake House (within shouting distance of this marker); Peter Crockett Store (within shouting distance of this marker); Gravestones (within shouting distance of this marker); The Peter Dise House (within shouting distance of this marker); First Mobile Home (within shouting distance of this The Connorton House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); New Testament Congregation (about 400 feet away); Tangier History Museum and Interpretive Cultural Center (THMICC) (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Tangier.
This home was purchased in 1925 by the Bradshaw family. The Bradshaw family purchased the home from Dr. & Mrs. Samuel Oglesby. We purchased the home in 1998 from the remaining Bradshaw children. Doctor's William Daisey, Bache Gill, and Charles Gladstone were never owners of the home.
As per deed information...
— Submitted September 14, 2011.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 28, 2011, by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia. This page has been viewed 419 times since then and 35 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 28, 2011, by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia.