Marcellus in Onondaga County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1941 by NYS Education Department.
Location. 42° 58.95′ N, 76° 20.183′ W. Marker is in Marcellus, New York, in Onondaga County. Marker is on West Seneca Turnpike (Main Street) (New York State Route 175) 0.2 miles east of North St. (New York State Route 174), on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Marcellus NY 13108, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Site of First Frame House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Site of Old Hotel (about 700 feet away); St. John's Beach (approx. 5.2 miles away); Site of The Great Fire (approx. 5.3 miles away); Sherwood Inn (approx. 5.5 miles away); 9 Mile Creek Aqueduct (approx. 5.8 miles away); "Factory Gulf" (approx. 6.1 miles away); Paddock Mill (approx. 6.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Marcellus.
Also see . . . History of the Town of Marcellus. In the fall of 1795 Hon. Dan Bradley and Deacon Samuel Rice became the first permanent settlers where Marcellus village now stands. (Submitted on February 5, 2011, by Nancy Mueller of LaFayette, New York.)
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 5, 2011. This page has been viewed 586 times since then and 44 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 5, 2011, by Nancy Mueller of LaFayette, New York. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.