Near Oglethorpe in Macon County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Miona Springs, an ancient gather place of American Indians, lies just Northeast of Lanier. With seven major mineral springs, it was appropriated in 1818 by the first White settler, Timothy Barnard.
Erected 1994 by The Macon County Historical Society.
Location. 32° 24.246′ N, 84° 3.884′ W. Marker is near Oglethorpe, Georgia, in Macon County. Marker is at the intersection of Georgia Route 128 and Miona Spring Road (County Route 257), on the right when traveling north on State Route 128. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Oglethorpe GA 31068, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 14 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Timothy Barnard (approx. 7.7 miles away); Lumpkin Academy (approx. 7.9 miles away); Home of Samuel Henry Rumph (approx. 8 miles away); Mt. Zion Lutheran Church Gen. John B. Gordon (approx. 10.6 miles away); Flint River Farms Resettlement Project (approx. 11.3 miles away); Confederate Dead (approx. 13.7 miles away); St. Luke’s Episcopal Church (approx. 13.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Oglethorpe.
Categories. • Native Americans • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 7, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 542 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on February 7, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.