Near Edinburg in Lawrence County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1947 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Location. 41° 0.921′ N, 80° 26.575′ W. Marker is near Edinburg, Pennsylvania, in Lawrence County. Marker is at the intersection of Jackson Street (Pennsylvania Route 551) and U.S. 224, on the right when traveling north on Jackson Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Edinburg PA 16116, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Ira D. Sankey (approx. 0.3 miles away); Harbor Creek (approx. 2.4 miles away); The Western Reserve (approx. 4.4 miles away in Ohio); a different marker also named Kuskuskies Towns (approx. 4.4 miles away); C. Frederick Post (approx. 4.4 miles away but has been reported missing); "Squaw Campaign" (approx. 4.8 miles away); Lawrence County (approx. 5.1 miles away); Warner Brothers' First Theater (approx. 5.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Edinburg.
Also see . . . Kuskuskies Towns - Behind the Marker (Submitted on July 11, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Native Americans • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 12, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 449 times since then and 37 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 12, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. 3. submitted on December 13, 2011, by Forest McDermott of Masontown, Pennsylvania. 4. submitted on September 13, 2014, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.