Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Near Darlington in Beaver County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Mount Plesant Presbyterian Church

 
 
Mt. Pleasant Presbyterian Church Site Marker image. Click for full size.
By Mike Wintermantel, February 12, 2011
1. Mt. Pleasant Presbyterian Church Site Marker
Inscription. First site of the church where Reverend Thomas E. Hughes was ordained August 28, 1799 First Communion service north of the Ohio River September 1, 1799 The Erie Presbytery organized at this location April 13, 1802.
 
Erected by Beaver County Historical Research and Landmarks Foundation.
 
Marker series. This marker is included in the Beaver County (PA) Historical Research and Landmarks Foundation marker series.
 
Location. 40° 49.445′ N, 80° 24.378′ W. Marker is near Darlington, Pennsylvania, in Beaver County. Marker is on Elmwood Boulevard (Pennsylvania Route 168) 0.3 miles north of Ashwood Road, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is located in Wilson Cemetery. Marker is in this post office area: Darlington PA 16115, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. McMinn Mill (approx. 0.3 miles away); First Permanent Structure of Mount Pleasant Presbyterian Church (approx. 0.8 miles away); Thomas Sprott House (approx. 1.2 miles away); Darlington Borough (approx. 1.3 miles away); Greersburg Academy (approx.
Mt. Pleasant Presbyterian Church Site image. Click for full size.
By Mike Wintermantel, February 12, 2011
2. Mt. Pleasant Presbyterian Church Site
1.3 miles away); a different marker also named Greersburg Academy (approx. 1.3 miles away); Free Presbyterian Church (approx. 1.3 miles away); Caughey's Mill (approx. 1.5 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Darlington.
 
More about this marker. The name of the church (Mt. Pleasant) is misspelled on the marker.
 
Also see . . .  Beaver County Historical and Landmarks Foundation. Marker Program (Submitted on February 15, 2011, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.) 
 
Categories. Churches, Etc.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 14, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 522 times since then and 44 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on February 14, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement