Albany in Dougherty County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Albany’s First Brick House
Erected 1958 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 047-3.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 31° 34.791′ N, 84° 9.644′ W. Marker is in Albany, Georgia, in Dougherty County. Marker is on Flint Street 0.1 miles east of North Madison Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 516 Flint Street, Albany GA 31701, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 7 other markers are within 13 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Colonel Nelson Tift (approx. half a mile Dougherty County (approx. half a mile away); The Bridge House (approx. 0.7 miles away); Cox Landing Park (approx. 2.2 miles away); Palymra (approx. 4.5 miles away); Lee County (approx. 10.6 miles away); Noted Indian Settlement (approx. 13 miles away).
Categories. • Notable Buildings • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 26, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 687 times since then and 45 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on February 26, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.