Near Homer in Banks County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
This boundary line was re-affirmed by the Treaty of Hopewell, Nov. 28, 1785. It was originally marked by a line of felled trees at least twenty feet wide, which became a sort of No Manís Land.
Erected 1953 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 006-1.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 34° 24.377′ N, 83° 29.093′ W. Marker is near Homer, Georgia, in Banks County. Marker is at the intersection of U.S. 441 and Old U.S. 441, on the right when traveling south on U.S. 441. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Homer GA 30547, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Line Baptist Church (approx. 1.2 miles away); Mt. Pleasant Church (approx. 3.8 miles away); Middle River Volunteers Leatherwood Baptist Church (approx. 4.4 miles away); Banks County (approx. 5 miles away); Nails Creek Baptist Church (approx. 5.1 miles away); “Hawkins Line” (approx. 6.4 miles away); Battle of Narrows (approx. 6.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Homer.
More about this marker. The marker stands adjacent to the southbound lanes of US Highway 441. It originally stood on what is now Old US Highway 441, near Line Baptist Church. It was moved to this location when the new highway was constructed.
Categories. • Native Americans • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 4, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 949 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on March 4, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.