Trenton in Mercer County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Built in 1784 by General Philemon Dickinson of General Washington’s Contintental Army. Original part of building (removed 1905) was used as Hessian outpost in 1776
Erected by Trenton Bicentennial Committee.
Location. 40° 13.627′ N, 74° 47.041′ W. Marker is in Trenton, New Jersey, in Mercer County. Marker is on Colonial Avenue just east of Riverside Avenue when traveling west. Touch for map. Colonial Avenue is a narrow one-way street that can only be accessed from West State Street. It is usually lined with cars and parking may be problematic. Marker is at or near this postal address: 46 Colonial Avenue, Trenton NJ 08618, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Emlen House ( approx. 0.6 miles away); Lincoln Highway Delaware River ( approx. 0.6 miles away in Pennsylvania); Cadwalader Park ( approx. 0.7 miles away); Mercer County Soldiers’ and Sailors’ Monument ( approx. 0.7 miles away); Briar Patch ( approx. 0.7 miles away); The Swamp Angel ( approx. ¾ mile away); Ellarslie ( approx. ¾ mile away); George Washington White Oak ( approx. 0.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Trenton.
Categories. • Military • Notable Buildings • Notable Events • Notable Persons • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 9, 2007, by Gary Nigh of Trenton, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 1,056 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 9, 2007, by Gary Nigh of Trenton, New Jersey. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.