Mobile in Mobile County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
The Mobile Bar Association
Alabama's First Bar Association
P. Hamilton • Thos. A. Hamilton • Henry St. Paul • Thos. N. Macartney • H. Austill • Robt. H. Smith • Wm. G. Jones • Thos. H. Price • Thomas E. Herndon • D.C. Anderson • M.E. Macartney • Hugh L. Cole • E.S. Dargan • D.P. Bestor • L. Gibbons • A.R. Manning • George A. Stewart • W.C. Easton • G.Y. Overall • R. Inge Smith • Percy Walker • J. Little Smith • M.B. Jones • A.M. Granger • Jno A. Tompkins • W. Boyles • G. Horton • A.E. Buck • James Bond • Harry T. Toulmin • James Gillette • C.F. Moulton
Erected 1999 by Alabama State Bar.
Location. 30° 41.384′ N, 88° 2.5′ W. Marker is in Mobile, Alabama, in Mobile County. Marker is on Government Street east of South Conception Street, on the right Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 153 Government Street, Mobile AL 36602, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Office of Dr. Henry S. LeVert, 1804-1864. (a few steps from this marker); Christ Church (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Second Fort Conde Ruin (about 400 feet away); Mobile's First Mardi Gras Parade (about 500 feet away); "Damn The Torpedoes!" The Campaigns for Mobile, 1864 - 1865 (about 600 feet away); City Hall (about 600 feet away); Admiral Raphael Semmes, CSA (about 600 feet away); Cadillac Homesite (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mobile.
Also see . . . History of the Mobile Bar Association. (Submitted on March 6, 2011, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.)
Categories. • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 5, 2011, by Stephen Bell of Biloxi, Mississippi. This page has been viewed 938 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 5, 2011, by Stephen Bell of Biloxi, Mississippi. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.