Elkhart Lake in Sheboygan County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Historic Race Circuits of Elkhart Lake
Marker donated by: Jaguar North America in honor of Phil Hill and John Fitch.
Historic Race Circuits of Elkhart Lake listed on the National Register of Historic Places February 17, 2006.
Erected 2006 by Historic Race Circuits of Elkhart Lake; Jaguar North America. (Marker Number 12.)
Location. 43° 50.028′ N, 88° 1.142′ W. Marker is in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin, in Sheboygan County. Marker is on Gottfried Street (County Road J) near West Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 44 Gottfried Street, Elkhart Lake WI 53020, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Elkhart Lake Road Race Circuits (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Ted's Turn (approx. 0.2 miles away); Peck's Alley (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Hard Left (approx. ¼ mile away); The Lake Street Walkway (approx. 0.3 miles away); Briggs' Bend (approx. 0.3 miles away); Veterans Memorial (approx. 0.3 miles away); Wacker's Wend (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Elkhart Lake.
More about this marker. The Village of Elkhart Lake and the roads surrounding Elkhart Lake hosted open-road sports car racing in 1950, 1951 and 1952. This marker indicates the location of the start and finish line of the 1951 and 1952 races.
Also see . . .
1. John Fitch. Wikipedia entry. (Submitted on March 12, 2011.)
2. Phil Hill. Wikipedia entry. (Submitted on March 12, 2011.)
Categories. • Roads & Vehicles • Sports •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 12, 2011, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 436 times since then and 32 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 12, 2011, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin.