Penn Hills in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1946 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Forbes Road marker series.
Location. 40° 29.052′ N, 79° 49.144′ W. Marker is in Penn Hills, Pennsylvania, in Allegheny County. Marker is at the intersection of Saltsburg Road (Pennsylvania Route 380) and Frankstown Road, on the right when traveling east on Saltsburg Road. Touch for map. Located at a BP gas station at the corner of Frankstown and Saltsburg roads. Marker is in this post office area: Verona PA 15147, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Forbes Road (here, next to this marker); Camp D. D. Gaillard (approx. 2.6 miles away); Oakmont Carnegie Library (approx. 2.9 miles away); Beulah Chapel (approx. 3 miles away); General Matthew B. Ridgway (approx. 3.4 miles away); a different marker Forbes Road (approx. 3.9 miles away); William D. Boyce (approx. 4 miles away); Carnegie Hero Fund Commission (approx. 4.2 miles away).
More about this marker. Next to Forbes Road-Bouquet Camp plaque at same location.
Categories. • Roads & Vehicles • War, French and Indian •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 14, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 1,029 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 14, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.