Pittsburgh in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1958 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Location. 40° 26.634′ N, 79° 59.901′ W. Marker is in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, in Allegheny County. Marker is at the intersection of 9th Street and Penn Avenue, on the right when traveling north on 9th Street. Touch for map. Located on 9th Street just north of Penn Avenue in downtown Pittsburgh. Marker is in this post office area: Pittsburgh PA 15222, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Sisters of Mercy (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Benedum Center (about 600 feet away); The Pittsburgh Agreement (about 600 feet away); Ninth Street Bridge (about 700 feet away); The Granite Building (about 700 feet away); The Duquesne Club (about 700 feet away); Jane Grey Swisshelm Childhood Home (approx. 0.2 miles away); Trinity Church Burying Ground (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pittsburgh.
Also see . . . Fort LaFayette - Behind the Marker. ExplorePAhistory.com (Submitted on March 14, 2011, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.)
Categories. • Forts, Castles • Native Americans • War of 1812 •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 14, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 701 times since then and 29 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 14, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. 3. submitted on July 26, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.