Sedona in Coconino County, Arizona — The American Mountains (Southwest)
Jordan Sales Building
City of Sedona Landmark No. 5
Built circa 1938 by George Jordan as a co-op retail outlet for fruit produced and marketed by local orchard farmers, including George and his brother Walter. It was a key part in the early commercial development of Uptown Sedona and is a good example of the use of native red rock in architecture.
Erected by City of Sedona. (Marker Number 5.)
Location. 34° 52.357′ N, 111° 45.452′ W. Marker is in Sedona, Arizona, in Coconino County. Marker is on State Highway 89A, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. The City of Sedona straddles the Yavapai County/Coconino County line. Marker is at or near this postal address: 470 North Highway 89A, Sedona AZ 86336, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Rollie's Camera (approx. 0.2 miles away); Carl Richards' Garage (approx. ¼ mile away); Van Deren Ranch (approx. 0.3 miles away); Orchards (1890 - 1970) (approx. 0.4 miles away); Jordan Farmhouse (approx. half a mile away); Fruit Packing House (approx. half a mile away); Jordan Tractor Shed (approx. half a mile away); Hart Pump House (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Sedona.
Also see . . . City of Sedona Landmarks. (Submitted on March 17, 2011, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 14, 2011, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 634 times since then and 35 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 17, 2011, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.