Knoxville in Knox County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
Ramsey House Plantation
J.G.M. Ramsey, A.M.,M.D
March 25, 1797
Annals of Tennessee
Erected 1927 by Bonny Kate Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 35° 57.997′ N, 83° 49.436′ W. Marker is in Knoxville, Tennessee, in Knox County. Marker is on Thorngrove Pike east of E Gove John Sevier Hwy (Tennessee Route 168), on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2614 Thorngrove Pike, Knoxville TN 37914, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Odd Fellows Cemetery (approx. 4.2 miles away); Confederate Cemetery (approx. 4.4 miles away); War on the Home Front (approx. 4½ miles away); St. Clair Cobb (approx. 4½ miles away); William Francis Yardley James White (approx. 4.9 miles away); Chisholm Tavern (approx. 5.1 miles away); Chisolm's Tavern (approx. 5.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Knoxville.
Also see . . . Official Website of the Ramsey House Plantation. Ramsey House Plantation is a 1797 historic house museum open to the public through guided tours. The site includes a Visitor Center that houses a museum shop, exhibits, and ticket sales. With over 100 acres, the site hosts picnic areas and heirloom gardens. Areas of the property are available for weddings and receptions, reunions, garden parties, meetings, seminars and lectures. Guided tours can accommodate both small and large groups. (Submitted on December 11, 2007, by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Notable Buildings • Notable Persons • Politics •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 10, 2007, by Laura Troy of Burke, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,741 times since then and 32 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 10, 2007, by Laura Troy of Burke, Virginia. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.