Baltimore, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
This oldest colonial structure of Baltimore was built in 1754 upon the estate known as “Georgia Plantation”
Charles Carroll, Barrister
Erected 1914 by National Star-Spangled Banner Centennial Commission.
Marker series. This marker is included in the George Washington Slept Here, and the National Historic Landmarks marker series.
Location. 39° 16.741′ N, 76° 38.585′ W. Marker is in Baltimore, Maryland. Marker can be reached from Washington Boulevard. Touch for map. Marker is mounted on the wall at the front door of the mansion. Marker is in this post office area: Baltimore MD 21230, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Mount Clare (a few steps from this marker); a different marker also named Mt. Clare (a few steps from this marker); Camp Carroll (within shouting distance of this marker); 1917 – 1918 (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Mount Clare, the Georgia Plantation (approx. 0.2 miles away); Carroll Park (approx. ¼ mile away); Gas, Dredges, Beer, and Pianos (approx. half a mile away); Carroll Park at the Golf Course (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Baltimore.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Patriots & Patriotism • Politics • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 25, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 2,186 times since then. Last updated on April 1, 2011, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 25, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.