Noblesville in Hamilton County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
The Central Canal
Erected 1994 by Indiana Historical Bureau and Precedent Partners. (Marker Number 29.1994.1.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Indiana State Historical Bureau Markers marker series.
Location. 40° 4.009′ N, 85° 59.202′ W. Marker is in Noblesville, Indiana, in Hamilton County. Marker is on Canal Way west of Meadows Boulevard, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Noblesville IN 46060, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Potter's Covered Bridge (approx. 0.8 miles away); Conner Street Historic District (approx. 1.9 miles away); Dedicated to All Veterans (approx. 2 miles away); First National Bank (approx. 2 miles away); Masonic Hall (approx. Sowerwine Building (approx. 2 miles away); Grand Hotel (approx. 2 miles away); Allison Building (approx. 2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Noblesville.
More about this marker. This marker has been moved from its original location at SR 37 & 191st Street to a nearby subdivision, The Meadows.
Also see . . . Central Canal 1836-1839 (8 miles / 296 planned). Canal Society of Indiana (Submitted on April 14, 2011, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Man-Made Features •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 11, 2011, by M. Bowyer of Indianapolis, Indiana. This page has been viewed 503 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on April 11, 2011, by M. Bowyer of Indianapolis, Indiana. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.