Dade City in Pasco County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Saint Paul Missionary Baptist Church
Organized in 1896 with Rev. Henry Williams as pastor. This congregation built its first sanctuary on a nearby lot donated by W. I. Porter. That small wooden structure was dedicated August 12, 1896.
The congregation grew and the present brick church was constructed in 1919. It was dedicated January 1, 1920, by Pastor Rev. C. J. Smith, with the Rev. Dr. L. Waiters Pastor. The 100th anniversary was celebrated in 1996, using the theme "We have come this far by faith." Saint Paul M.B. Church has been a blessing to the faith community it serves.
Erected 1997 by The Pasco Board of County Commissioners and The Pasco County Historical Preservation Committee.
Location. 28° 22.136′ N, 82° 11.332′ W. Marker is in Dade City, Florida, in Pasco County. Marker is on 7th Street (U.S. 301) near Martin Luther King Blvd., on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 14518 7th Street, Dade City FL 33523, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Mount Zion African Methodist Episcopal Church (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Jones' Nursing Home (about 500 feet away); Site of World War II Prisoner of War Camp Dade City Cemetery (approx. ¼ mile away); Dade City Grammar School (approx. 0.3 miles away); Whitehouse (approx. 0.3 miles away); Pasco County (approx. 0.3 miles away); St. Mary's Episcopal Church (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dade City.
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on April 9, 2018. This page originally submitted on April 13, 2011, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 692 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on April 13, 2011, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.