Farmington in Fayette County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1946 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Location. 39° 48.337′ N, 79° 33.669′ W. Marker is in Farmington, Pennsylvania, in Fayette County. Marker is on National Road (U.S. 40) 0.3 miles east of Elliotsville Road, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Located at the entrance to Fort Necessity National Battlefield. Marker is in this post office area: Farmington PA 15437, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Mt. Washington Presbyterian Church (approx. one mile away); The Polo Player (approx. 1.1 miles away); The Great Meadows Campaign (approx. 1½ miles away); The Great Meadows (approx. 1½ miles away); a different marker also named Fort Necessity (approx. 1.6 miles away); The National Road (approx. 1.6 miles away); Mount Washington Tavern (approx. 1.6 miles away); a different marker also named Fort Necessity (approx. 1.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Farmington.
Also see . . . Fort Necessity National Battlefield at National Parks.gov. (Submitted on April 18, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Forts, Castles • War, French and Indian •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 17, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 651 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 17, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.