Savannah in Chatham County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
(1708 – 1788)
Erected 2011 by Georgia Historical Society and the Savannah Town Committee of the National Society of Colonial Dames of America in Georgia. (Marker Number 25-38.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission, and the National Society of Colonial Dames of America marker series.
Location. 32° 4.875′ N, 81° 5.738′ W. Marker is in Savannah, Georgia, in Chatham County. Marker is on Montgomery Street near W. Bryan Street, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Located at Franklin Square. Marker is in this post office area: Savannah GA 31401, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. Haitian Monument (within shouting distance of this marker); The First African Baptist Church (within shouting distance of this marker); John Ryan's Excelsior Bottle Works (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Evacuation of Savannah (about 400 feet away); William Scarbrough House (about 500 feet away); John Herndon “Johnny” Mercer (about 600 feet away); Ships That Carried the Name Savannah (approx. 0.2 miles away); Flame of Freedom / Relighting the Flame (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Savannah.
Categories. • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page was last revised on November 5, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 19, 2011, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,090 times since then and 51 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on April 19, 2011, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.