Joseph Oliver was owner of land North of the Mispillion River, formally known as Saw Mill Range. In 1787 Mr. Oliver divided the land into building lots and is now known as the City of Milford
Erected by City of Milford Commission of Landmarks & Museums.
Location. 38° 54.933′ N, 75° 25.9′ W. Marker is in Milford, Delaware, in Sussex County. Marker can be reached from N. Church Street. Touch for map. Located within Christ Church cemetery. Marker is at or near this postal address: 200 N. Church Street, Milford DE 19963, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Christ Church (here, next to this marker); Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Site of Milford's First Methodist Church (about 500 feet away); The Towers (about 700 feet away); Mispillion River Greenway Historical Sites (approx. 0.2 miles away); Parson Thorne Mansion
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Notable Persons • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 21, 2011, by Nate Davidson of Salisbury, Maryland. This page has been viewed 693 times since then and 33 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 21, 2011, by Nate Davidson of Salisbury, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.