Atlanta in Fulton County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Paces Ferry United Methodist Church
The adjacent Pleasant Hill Cemetery contains marked grave of William Brown who served the Confederacy. Many soldiers were killed nearby during the 16-17 July 1864 engagement between Confederate General Joseph Wheelerís cavalry and Union General George H. Thomasís 20th Corp.
On 30 October 1955 the congregation of West Wesley Methodist Church merged with Pleasant Hill Methodist Church to form Paces Ferry Methodist Church. It became Paces Ferry United Methodist Church with the denominationís merger in 1968. The one room white clapboard church with the two red doors stands firmly on its hill as a constant reminder of our rural past.
Erected 2010 by Thomas Johnson Chapter, National Society Colonial Dames XVII Century.
Location. 33° 51.241′ N, 84° 26.276′ W. Marker is in Atlanta, Georgia, in Fulton County. Marker is at the intersection of Paces Ferry Road and Mount Paran Road, on the right when traveling east on Paces Ferry Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 3650 Paces Ferry Road, Atlanta GA 30327, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Federal Right Wing (a few steps from this marker); Federal Right Wing to Peachtree Creek (approx. 0.4 miles away); Union Defense Line (approx. 0.8 miles away); Palmerís & Hookerís A.C. Cross the Chattahoochee (approx. 0.8 miles away); Old Paceís Ferry Road (approx. 0.9 miles away); The Errant Pontoon Bridge: Paces Ferry (approx. 1.1 miles away); The 14th & 20th A.C. Cross at Paceís Ferry (approx. 1.1 miles away); a different marker also named The 14th & 20th A.C. Cross at Pace's Ferry (approx. 1.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Atlanta.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion • War, US Civil •
More. Search the internet for Paces Ferry United Methodist Church.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 20, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 877 times since then and 10 times this year. Last updated on April 24, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on April 20, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.