Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Reading in Middlesex County, Massachusetts — The American Northeast (New England)
 

Reading

1630 - 1930

 
 
Reading Marker image. Click for full size.
By Tony Maniscalco, April 24, 2011
1. Reading Marker
Inscription. Formerly part of Lynn, called Lynn Village, set off as a separate town 1664.
 
Erected 1930 by Massachusetts Bay Colony Tercentenary Commission.
 
Marker series. This marker is included in the Massachusetts Bay Colony—Tercentenary Commission Markers marker series.
 
Location. 42° 31.525′ N, 71° 6.148′ W. Marker is in Reading, Massachusetts, in Middlesex County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (Massachusetts Route 28) and Route 129, on the right when traveling south on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Reading MA 01867, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Old Parker Tavern - 1680 (approx. 0.3 miles away); Woburn (approx. 4.1 miles away); John Harvard's Land (approx. 4.2 miles away); The Scotch House (was approx. 4.9 miles away but has been reported missing. ); Adam Hawkes (approx. 5 miles away); Converse Bridge (approx. 5.3 miles away); Site of First House (approx. 5.4 miles away); Molyneaux Circle (approx. 5.8 miles away).
 
More about this marker. Between Town of Reading Town Hall and Old South Methodist Church
 
Also see . . .  Historical Markers Erected by Massachusetts Bay Colony Tercentenary Commission (1930. Original 1930 publication by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts of Tercentenary Commission Markers, commemorating the three hundredth anniversary of the Massachusetts Bay Colony. (Submitted on May 31, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts.) 
 
Categories. Colonial EraSettlements & Settlers
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 24, 2011, by Tony Maniscalco of Agawam, Massachusetts. This page has been viewed 494 times since then and 35 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on April 24, 2011, by Tony Maniscalco of Agawam, Massachusetts. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement