Pittsburgh in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 2005 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Location. 40° 26.342′ N, 80° 0.23′ W. Marker is in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, in Allegheny County. Marker is at the intersection of Boulevard of the Allies and Market Street, on the right when traveling east on Boulevard of the Allies. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Pittsburgh PA 15222, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Martin R. Delany (within shouting distance of this marker); The First Holy Mass at Fort Duquesne (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Pittsburgh Plate Glass Company (about 500 feet away); Burke's Landmark (about 500 feet away); The Mansion House (about 500 feet away); Benedum-Trees Building (about 500 feet away); Work Accidents and the Law (about 600 feet away); Monongahela Wharf Commercial Buildings (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pittsburgh.
Also see . . .
1. John Scull marker to be rededicated. (Submitted on April 28, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.)
2. Early Printing in Pittsburgh, 1786-1856. Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh (Submitted on April 28, 2011, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.)
3. John Scull at FindAGrave.com. (Submitted on February 20, 2014, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Communications • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 27, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 633 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 27, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.