Columbus in Muscogee County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Ladies Memorial Association
Organized March 12, 1865.
Mrs. Robert Carter President
Mrs. Robert A. Ware 1st, Vice President
Mrs. J. M. McAllister 2nd Vice President
Mrs. M.A. Patten Treasurer
Mr. Charles J. Williams Secretary
Erected 1936 by Works Progress Administration, United Daughters of the Confederacy, and the Ladies Memorial Association.
Marker series. This marker is included in the United Daughters of the Confederacy, and the Works Progress Administration (WPA) projects marker series.
Location. 32° 28.355′ N, 84° 59.263′ W. Marker is in Columbus, Georgia, in Muscogee County. Marker is at the intersection of Veterans Boulevard (U.S. 27) and 14th Street, on the right when traveling south on Veterans Boulevard. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Columbus GA 31901, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Last Land Battle in War of 1861-65 (a few steps from this marker); Bullard-Hart-Sampson House High Uptown Historic District / Garrett-Bullock-Delay House (about 800 feet away); Birthplace of Robert Winship Woodruff (approx. 0.2 miles away); Ernest Woodruff / Robert Winship Woodruff (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Rankin House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Martin J. Crawford (approx. 0.2 miles away); Saint John African Methodist Episcopal Church (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Columbus.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 3, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 394 times since then and 49 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on May 3, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.